Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nostalgia

Have you ever had a summer so magical, every time you think about it
your stomach flutters and your heart soars?
Extreme, I know...but truly how I feel when I think about
my summer on Martha's Vineyard, 2002.
Ohh the beauty,
the sunsets, the beaches,
the baked goods, the gourmet restaurants,
and the shopping.
Oh I left out Jake Gyllenhaal
playing football with my coworkers on a clothing-optional beach
(we were all clothed thank goodness. nudity+sports=gross).
He was dreamy, *sigh*.
Back to the shopping. With no chain stores in sight, there are fantastic boutiques, shops, and galleries aplenty. I was sad to see many shops were no longer there when I returned in '06 for a visit. Luckily three of my favorites still remain and won't be going away anytime soon.
First up, Midnight Farm

Located in Vineyard Haven, this one of a kind store is packed full of unique furniture, bedding, rugs, lighting, books, tunes, clothing, shoes, accessories and specialty food items. Although many items in the store were/are out of my budget, a visit to this store left me happy and inspired. They now offer a sampling of products online, some affordable and some a splurge.....
here are some of my favs:




top to bottom: environmentally friendly soap, town vases, perfect sandal, honeycomb treat, shoe splurge, seed sack pillow.


cookbook is now on sale for $20!

**did I mention this anthropologie-esque store is owned by chanteuse (and my namesake)
Carly Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment